Is it time to have an intervention? What is best to insure that your teen gets back on a positive road to have that bright future you always wanted for them?
Let's review some choices to get help:
Wilderness Therapeutic Programs: Short term program, short term results, usually zero academics, extremely expensive and as many teens state they have great experiences, it is usually never enough to make lasting positive changes.
- The concept: Remove the kids from their comforts of home. Get them to reflect on themselves from within.
- Thought: Wouldn't it be wise to find one program that offers a well-rounded program including removing them from their comforts of home, offering them an education as well as encouraging them through enrichment programs?
- The concept: Teach your child a lesson, and hope they learn to appreciate and respect you.
- Thought: Again, finding a sound program that offers positive enrichment, academics as well as trained staff to help determine where the negative behavior is stemming from.
- The Concept: Show your teen the consequences of breaking the law. Hopefully scaring them straight so they turn around their behavior.
- Thought: Get your teen the right help that instills positive reinforcement, continuing education and work on family conflict with an outside counselor.
- Concept: It took longer than 6-8 weeks to get to the place your teen is at, it will take at least 6-9 months to get your child back.
- Thought: Take your time and find the best program for you and your family both emotionally and financially. Consider that short term programs are like band-aids - they do peel off fairly quickly.
Don't wait for your teen to be over 18, get them help while you still have the ability and control.
For more information, visit www.helpyourteens.com.