What is FRAG?
The William L. Boyd, IV, Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG) Program provides tuition assistance to Florida undergraduate students attending an eligible private, non-profit Florida college or university. FRAG is a decentralized state of Florida program, which means that each participating institution determines application procedures, deadlines, and student eligibility.
FLORIDA RESIDENT ACCESS GRANT
$ 2,511* ANNUAL GRANT
- High School Graduate or GED
- One year bona fide resident of state of Florida, as of the first day of classes. ***A dependent student's residency is based on his/her parent(s) permanent state of residence.***
- Cannot already have a college degree.
- Be enrolled for a minimum of 12 hours per semester.
- Be making satisfactory academic progress(SAP)
For renewal, a student must earn 24 hours in the previous academic year. Summer school hours earned do not count.
Maximum eligibility is nine (9) semesters.
*NOTE: The FRAG is paid on a semester basis. Each semester's grant is subject to reduction by the state of Florida, depending on the availability of funds.
2009-10 Florida Resident Access Grant program eligible institutions, click here.
Read more on Examiner.